The Midwest Inland Port is a multi-modal transportation hub located in Decatur, Illinois that delivers both domestic and international flexibility for companies through a well-positioned transportation corridor, connecting the Midwest to the East, West and Gulf Coasts of North America.
- Strategically located, this logistics complex offers non-congested, toll-free access to one of the country’s heaviest trucking and railway traffic flows
- Direct access to 3 Class 1 Railroads connecting to all North American rail networks
- Intermodal ramp with 24-minute average turn times
- A quick channel to coastal and export markets
- An abundance of competitively priced labor and an available workforce
- An airport equipped with a U.S. Customs Office, a Fixed-Based Operator (FBO) and runways measuring 8,400’ long and 150’ wide to handle large aircrafts. Daily passenger service provided to St. Louis and Chicago. One of only 86 airports with gateway status (DASSP) to Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
- A diverse community of importers and exporters in the area creates opportunities for intermodal container match-back shipments
- Environmentally respectful and privately owned intermodal yard
- Railserve LEAF Gen-Set locomotives, which reduce Nitrogen Oxide emissions by 84% compared to conventional locomotives and operate using 45-60% less fuel
- Third Party Logistics providers offering freight forwarding, transloading, warehousing, stock management, temperature-controlled storage and more
- Possible reduced supply chain logistics costs.
Please see the Decatur and Macon County Innovation in Industry flip booklet below for more information on our region. Click here to download the PDF.
To view this booklet, please click here.